Tuesday 20 December 2011

Embarking on a Masters Degree

This is a small diversion from my getting to grips with some of the reading I will need to do during this course, my little bit of procrastination - is this the one time I will have challenged myself too far?  We shall see...

I must be mad!  At my age, trying to work out who I am, whether I deserve to be called a person, whether I am the same 'person' I was when I resided in my mother's womb, indeed, will I still be the same person I am today in ten year's time.  If I survive death (an oxymoron) will I still be me?  What is the difference between I and me?  Is there a difference?

Issues of Personhood and Personal Identity form the first part of the course.  And what a minefield!  I never would have believed that such simple concepts could hold such a variety of meanings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment